Thread: Superthrive
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #38 (permalink)
gaberoo

BananaBucks : 2,386
Said "Thanks" 25 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: Superthrive

I agree. But the context I was using (in my particular case) is to protect other plants (heliconias, neem, bananas, etc.) from temps that had dipped into the upper 20's. Remembering this a bit more clearly, it was when a bright, young landscape architect (and owner of a successful landscaping business) took a look at my yard (this was after a few episodes of temps into the upper 20s and lower 30s) and made a few comments regarding what to do to protect the plants from cold. One of the tips was to use Superthrive (the first time I'd ever heard the product mentioned...he was the one who mentioned that some nurseries used it to "guarantee" their plants). I never verified whether nurseries actually do this (and there must be some that do) nor whether this is a widespread practice (from your comments Richard, apparently it is not).
Before buying it however, I remember having searched to see what other people who've used it (use it) say about their experience (including some people in a hydroponics forum) with Superthrive and it had been, for the most part, positive...so I went ahead and bought some.
That said, I'm always open to try new things (products, methods, etc), specially if they save me money, and I'm very grateful to read all of your comments/input on these (and other matters).
So I now have a few more things I can try out (less expensive auxins, chelated iron, etc). I also know not to go crazy with the Superthrive (I did not know that overuse of it could cause defoliation and plant exhaustion/death).
Thanks again for your patience. I have a few more questions (regarding other topics) so maybe I should learn (relearn) how to post a new topic.
gaberoo is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To gaberoo