View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
fmu65

BananaBucks : 12,328
Said "Thanks" 100 Times
Was Thanked 49 Times in 25 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 14 Times
Default Re: Anyone else growing Meyer Lemons or Kumquats?

Thank you for the additional information. Quite a bit of my info comes from the labels and the product reps themselves (you should see the fox farm application schedules and the fact that they recommend two different types of mycorrhyzal supplements to be used together, with the same species of mycorryhzae). I try to do ad much research on my own as possible (I own quite a library of organic plant care books) to prove or disprove what they tell me. I have asked the rep specifically why anyone would need one over the other, or even both, and all I get are vague answers about maintaining levels of the organisms in the soil (not just for annuals) because they die off and must be replaced. Again, this seems like they are trying to sell product.

The tomato fertilizer is from Doctor Earth. The balance did seem strange to me, again, but I keep getting the same answers about "added benefits for fruiting plants". The same is said for the fox farm Big Bloom, which has percentages of 0.01-0.3-0.7. I am starting to feel a little jaded on these products now.

Anyway, because I am big on research, can you recommend any books that address growing citrus (especially in containers)? Thanks again for your help. My biggest fear with this meyer lemon is the lemons will get to a certain size and then just fall off, as I have had many people tell me happens with citrus in containers.
fmu65 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To fmu65