View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gabe15

Zone: 12
Name: Gabe
BananaBucks : 13,339,817
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 8,237 Times in 2,200 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times

Musa 'Rose' (AA Group)- A short, slender plant with beautiful rose red pseudostems that will provide you with more then enough suckers (up to 50 in 2 years) and has a rock solid roots system with some of the toughest roots in the genus to really hold it down during those high winds. Not only is it rated as one of the best tasting dessert bananas, but it is also highly disease resistant to most anything you may encounter (Fusarium wilt, Sigatokas and others). It is a great choice for container growing and easily grows in (at least, but I think you can even go smaller) an 18" container (which I am doing now with amazing results). Its an all around great banana and will be the first in a series of hybrid experiments I will be conducting in the near to future in an attempt to create a banana that Im sure everyone will benefit from.

However- of all the bananas, I really like the wild species best and could never settle on a favorite among those.

Last edited by Gabe15 : 07-29-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Gabe15 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Gabe15
Said thanks: