View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chance1945

Zone: 9
Name: Terry
BananaBucks : 71,504
Said "Thanks" 140 Times
Was Thanked 220 Times in 129 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 58 Times
Default Re: Gunrunner (Fast & Furious, Gunwalker) Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Most people I've talked to know nothing about the fact that the U.S. administration intentionally sent firearms to Mexican drug cartels. I had read about it beginning around December 2010 and didn't understand how this was not "front page" news. It finally started getting covered by mainstream media in May 2011. In my opinion, the coverage of this government corruption is still not given the emphasis that is warranted.

In short, the U.S. administration intentionally sent firearms to Mexican drug cartels under the pretense that they wanted to monitor the flow of firearms even though they really had no effective means for such monitoring. These firearms have lead to increased violence, including the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. Administration officials have lied about their knowledge of these operations.

Here is an extensive timeline of events that have been made public thus far:
Reasoned Politics: Hillary, Eric, Wikileaks and the BATFE Scandal: An Overview and Timeline
Jeeze, I didn't come to Bananas for this kind of crap. Perhaps you could find a more appropriate forum to air your politics. Just saying.
Chance1945 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Chance1945