View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Yug

Zone: 10-11
Name: Knobby D. Holme
BananaBucks : 57,814
Said "Thanks" 4,009 Times
Was Thanked 1,742 Times in 812 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 463 Times
Default Re: Republicans want to get rid of EPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
We had this discussion at another forum and one of my friends said they will save the economy even if they have to destroy the whole planet to do it.
That sounds like the folks that pushed through obama-care (in spite of a majority of Americans polled repeatedly that did not want it). You are going to get govt health care (unless you are one of the favored ones that is allowed an exemption - like govt staffers and unions) even if we have to ruin the nation financially to give it to you.

All I want to know is this: if we trash the industries in the U.S. to regulate to the extreme so that 'we do our part to save the world' and Russia, India, & China do nothing of the sort, continue to trash THEIR environment (and indirectly ours) they then gain the edge economically, and later militarily. Eventually the U.S. can't compete economically and then militarily. We become obsolete, and won't even be able to protect ourselves let alone pressure any other nation to stop polluting. Eventually we become a mere shadow of what we used to be, and become totally irrelevant on the world stage, but hey, at least we can feel smugly superior to everyone else, can't we?

Sometimes I wonder if any of the enviro nut-jobs have carried their thoughts through to completion. The only reason they keep lobbying and preaching is because WE are probably the only nation that even gives them the time of day; anywhere else they'd likely be shot, or just disappear. Personally, I care about the environment, but I also don't want to be eventually conquered by a wealthier, militarily-stronger nation that just doesn't give a rat's patootie about their environment, because we allowed the enviro-wackos to dictate enviro-policy in the U.S., but no where else in the world. Hell, based on their one-sided (anti-U.S.) stance, they would be great tools to be used by our nation's enemies, if they are not already.
Yug is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Yug