Thread: Misi Luki
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #91 (permalink)
Richard
un-Retired

Zone: USDA 10b
Name: Richard
BananaBucks : 500,658
Said "Thanks" 3,636 Times
Was Thanked 12,543 Times in 4,721 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,685 Times
Default Re: Misi Luki

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturabananas View Post
Holy moly Richard! I didn't realize that Pisang Awak fruits got that big. That's the size of a plantain (I just weighed one I have). The dwarf Namwah and Misi Luki Awak fruits I've had have all been in the 75-100 g range.
Its six inches long and two inches wide. I'm accustom to seeing (haven't grown any) plantains 10 to 16 inches long and two inches wide.

The African Rhinohorn I grew right next to it received the same nutrition and produced fruits 6 inches long and about 1.25 inches wide, weighing about 100 grams. But keep in mind that the A. Rhinohorn looks unhappy during my "winter" but the Misi Luki Awak only slowed down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINFOREZT View Post
What's is the difference between the fruits of these D.Namwah and Tall Namwah( agri start's misi luki). Do they taste same? or what's taste better?
I think there are 3 Pisang Awak cultivars out there: Agristarts "Dwarf Namwa" (about 6' pstem), AgriStarts "Misi Luki" (about 11' pstem), and "standard" Pisang Awak (about 15' pstem) -- all heights being relative to southern California environment.

My wife is the official taste tester around here. I'll let you know how she thinks the D. Namwa and M. Luki match up.

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors