View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Darkman
Dirt Master

Zone: 8b/9a
Name: Darkman
BananaBucks : 205,402
Said "Thanks" 9,263 Times
Was Thanked 1,582 Times in 702 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 243 Times
Default Re: Do YOU suffer from Alcoholism ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Uncooked. Some people use powdered sugar.

If you think about it, smoking cannabis and calling it medicinal is a contradiction.

Then of course there are people who (unlike Greg) are not ill and consume it recreationally, justifying it all with "medicinal". That is straight out hypocrisy! If you are using it recreationally, then why not be honest about it?

My final comment about cannabis is that as a drug, frequent use over a period of 3 years or more has been credibly linked to the establishment of cronic depression. For people who are "self medicating", this is a vicious cycle.
In many third world countries, those countries that are steeped in tradition and those that use "medicine men", smoking is many times the chosen delivery method of the "cure". The case for not legalizing MJ is that there are other known drugs that provide similar effects to those suffering from chronic pain and the side effects from chemo. I think the real case lies somewhere in the middle. An obvious benefit is it is difficult to OD on MJ and for the most part it is not a physically addictive drug. The dosage is self tailored to the patients needs were as prescription meds are regulated and dosed out to what "should" take care of you. The less obvious factor is that there is a calming effect by the smoking process. Generally you slow down and relax so there is a therapeutic value to the actual smoking which you never get from swallowing a pill. Most meds prescribed can have some addictive qualities that many people cannot deal with. I have had back issues and have been prescribed oxcotin several times. Fortunately I never felt the need to continue taking these pills after my body was healed. Many are not so lucky. The continued use long term does skew the perception of reality and as you stated you never escape reality which leads to the eventually and mostly unavoidable depression. Most pain relievers are generally considered to be short term usage drugs that you are supposed to discontinue after the issue is resolved.

AS ALWAYS IMHO AND YOUR MILEAGE MAY DIFFER!!!!!!!!

Life - Some assembly required, As is no warranty, Batteries not included, Instructions shipped separately and are frequently wrong!

Kentucky Bourbon - It may not solve the problem but it helps to make it tolerable!

Statistics - Data that analyst twist to support the insane opinions of those that pay them.

Last edited by Darkman : 12-02-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Darkman