View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fcastro

Zone: 9
Name: Felix
BananaBucks : 24,152
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Some people hate banana plants

I was in the feed store the other day,getting my usual, 2 bags of dog food, 5 bags of Black Cow and one 16-16-16, and also a cage type rabbit trap,a lady a couple of people behind me asks me what I'm getting the trap for, I told her rabbits (she was buying rabbit food...lol!) I told her it was because they were eating my plants,mostly Heliconias and Bananas.....as soon as everyone heard that ,no less than 4 of the 7 or so people in there asked me to please come get the bananas out of their yards.....they were all older people too. I wonder if it's also a generational thing. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, here in Louisiana they are everywhere and lots of people claim to hate them ( usually older folks) I wonder though, if they really hated them so much,how hard is it really to get rid of them ? Not too tough if you are serious about wanting to. In a lot of the newer developments there are Bananas being put into the landscape,as well as Elephant Ears and other Tropicals as previously mentioned. Looks like "Tropical" is going to be the new "In" thing for a little while at least. Good, everywhere you look around here it's the same thing too, daylillies,a hedge, and hydrangeas. If I never see another daylilly it'll be too soon.
Fcastro is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Fcastro