View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kostas

Zone: 10a
Name: Konstantinos
BananaBucks : 217,018
Said "Thanks" 2,137 Times
Was Thanked 1,063 Times in 464 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Kostas
Default Re: My "Pisang Klotek" and "Brazilian Tall"!!!

The newest leaf is broken and burning from the sun as you can see as it was produced during its brief stay in my basement for a few weeks. We had a week of truly awful weather and i had to put it there to save its leafs from getting all trashed...Being in Pyrgos now,its should already be recovering!

The Pisang Klotek is doing ok but didnt grew in my basement at all. I moved it to Pyrgos the past weekend along with other bananas i have for ground planting but didnt take photos from that trip at all. I found a tunnel in its pseudostem surrounded by hard,black tissue which fortunately was limited to the outer leaf sheath. I removed the tunnel and the surrounding blackened tissue to be safe and hopefully it should be ok. It seems to be in good condition and hopefully it will improve even more during its stay in much warmer Pyrgos!

Thank you very much again for sending me these beauties! It will be a relief if all goes well with them and i ground plant them ok! From then on they should be worry free as my Kandrian is! I will drench them with insect pathogenic nematodes as well twice and should never see tunnels in them again!

Last edited by Kostas : 11-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kostas
Said thanks:
Sponsors