View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
kcj1219

Zone: 5
Name: Ken
BananaBucks : 23,560
Said "Thanks" 259 Times
Was Thanked 100 Times in 57 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 19 Times
Default Re: Back from Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueberwinden View Post
Ken,

I love the Tampa/St. Pete area, did you get to visit the Sunken Gardens in St.Pete? The place you really should go is SW Florida Ft Myers/Naples/Sanibel !! I frequent the area as often as I can. When I was there in August I was looking though the real estate magazines and you can buy quite cheap right now. The problem is employment in that area. That area is snow bird Mecca which causes an in season/ out of season employmet market. My daughter had a really tough time finding work and still isn't using her degree for the work she is doing. I love the area, but don't know that I will be moving there anytime soon unless I win the lottery!!!

Michael
I didn't make it to Sunken Gardens. What kind of gardens is it? We went to Tampa on a wim for Labor day weekend and didn't have much time to do much. But I will remember it next time! I have always wanted to go down to Naples to check it out. I'm a civil service employee for the DoD so there has to be a base in the area that has aircraft/cryogenics civilian jobs. That's why Tampa would work. My wife loved the white sand beaches. The beaches here in Charleston are nothing to write home about....lol