Thread: When to repot?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
tommyg
sunroom gardener

Zone: 6
BananaBucks : 38,819
Said "Thanks" 83 Times
Was Thanked 234 Times in 165 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 13 Times
Smile When to repot?

i am very new to this but i was curious as to when to repot. I read that its good to have a banana plant in a wider, bigger pot to allow for larger growth. But im guessing when you know its ready for a larger pot or can you just put it in a large pot to begin with.

My two sdc plants are only a foot high right now and i have them in 10inch pots. If i want them to grow more and larger should i wait to put them in three or five gallon pots, or can i do that soon?

In the end these will be potted plants for life most likely as i live in massachusetts, but i would like them to get large enough to produce fruit.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Tommyg
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To tommyg
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors