View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Carolina

BananaBucks : 37,992
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: bringing stuff indoors...

Ryan, every winter i run a large humdifier... one of those big tanks with the paddle wheel... plus I have a 50 and 75 gallon aquariums, and -still- my house is dry dry dry. I have electric heating and it seems to be much dryer than gas or oil. But, I did shut off the heat in the spare room where most of my plants were and used the spray bottle alot.

As far as acclimating... probably just leaving them out until weather makes bringing them in a must would help, but I would go ahead and pot up whatever needs it now. I would think the shorter days and cooler temps would ease them in better than bringing them in during a warm spell.

Quote:
Also if i decide to abort and go to cold storage if the plants start doing poorly will it threaten them more than if i just went straight to cold storage?
The good news is, everything you listed can simply be whacked off and should easily go dormant if you don't wait till they die. Except Petasites hybridus .. I have no experience with that, so don't know.

I'm hoping not to be in your shoes this year. I do have a greenhouse which got destroyed last winter and am hoping to get it up and running again. So far my husband has not gotten the job done. I'll be going into "wife mode" soon, and all the fussing will either help or he'll divorce me.
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Carolina