View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
ryan_christensen

BananaBucks : 3,080
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Cold bringing stuff indoors...

Hello,
I recently ordered a ton of stuff from brians botanicals... all is doing well, i will post pics of individual plants when i get home.

Colocasia Big Dipper
Colocasia Gigantea
Colocasia Pink China
Musa Basjoo
Musa Becarii
Petasites hybridus
Tetrapanax Papyriferus
Canna Musafolia

in addition to that I got some other stuff locally that cant winter here.

black magic (colocasia), nightshade, huge cannas, Various cacti,
the bamboo was outside all last year and did great so dont worry about that(pics)

I used to have a fish tank with metal halides (2x250 watt). I am going to order some 5000k bulbs for that setup for growing indoors.
I have some south/west windows (four big ones) that i am going to build a rack in front of and also hang the lamps over the plants.
Will this work to keep my plants indoors?

some of my plants can be seen here

centipededesign.blogspot.com

Any help with indoor growing would be appreciated. Please keep in mind i cant put up reflective material (mylar) or anything that will look bad. This needs to look like a classy setup or it cant go in the livingroom. I will also put pictures of the room up when i get home.
ryan_christensen is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ryan_christensen

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors