View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
caliboy1994
<div style="font-style: italic;"><div style="font-style: italic;"></div></div>

Zone: USDA zone 10a; Sunset zone 18/19
Name: Andreas
BananaBucks : 251,136
Said "Thanks" 1,474 Times
Was Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 236 Times
Question Ice Cream: The real deal?

So venturabananas told me that my plant that I bought from a local nursery might not be a real Ice Cream. I want to get a second opinion, and if it's not an Ice Cream, then what is it?

Pictures:

Here's a pic of the entire plant. I planted it about two months ago.

Here's a close-up of one of the petioles. It has a nice pink edge to it. The petiole is open, not closed like how the real Ice Cream is supposed to be.

Here are some more of the petioles at the top of the main p-stem.

Here's the base of the main p-stem.

Here's a close up of the leaf midrib. All of the leaves have pink on the midrib.

An identification would be appreciated. I hope it's a good variety if it's really not an Ice Cream. Thanks!

Find me on linktree here as Solarpunk Farmer:
https://linktr.ee/solarpunkfarmer
caliboy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To caliboy1994

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors