View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
kaczercat

Zone: 5b 9b
Name: Matt
BananaBucks : 219,370
Said "Thanks" 3,116 Times
Was Thanked 2,111 Times in 750 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Default Re: Bordelon leaf problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy0225 View Post
I had two bordelon pups that were in a larger pot with momma plant. Anyway I sold momma plant to the city parks department, but they hadn't seen it at all and they were coming to get it in two weeks, so I decided I could go ahead and carefully remove 2 of the largest pups which were almost 4 feet tall. I took them both out carefully with a machete and refilled the holes with potting soil. Momma plant didn't miss a lick, but one of the pups that was separated started growing right away and pushed out 3 more pups in the new pot. The other one put out a deformed leaf that was "stuck" and wouldn't unroll, I had to peel it apart, and then the next leaf jammed up and crinkled up under the spiral for the previous stuck leaf. So I pulled out the stuck leaf, and the new leaf after that came out just fine. It just seemed to be some kind of rooting/adjustment. Sounds like there may have been some kind of trauma involved with yours. Was it extremely dry that week? I've seen that cause problems if it was watered on a regular schedule and suddenly you went on vacation and had someone else water, etc that was not so regular.
We did go away for 4 days in mid Aug, i dunno what it is from, but it sounds like the same thing. I will try doing that either tonight or tomorrow.Thanksss so much Sandy !!