View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
palmtree

Zone: 7b
Name: Alex C
BananaBucks : 103,042
Said "Thanks" 1,492 Times
Was Thanked 1,428 Times in 644 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 103 Times
Default Re: Red Lady Papaya is Fruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
palmtree, it is my understanding the roots of these trees expand well beyond the drip line of the canopy of the mature tree so it may be a bigger project than you anticipated. The trunks of my trees are huge! Good luck with yours!
Thats not too good to hear since the canopy of my papaya already extends beyond the palms I have in the ground all year long and I dont want to mess with those root systems. I have a feeling Im going to end up killing it by digging it up, but papayas are short lived plants to begin with, and I have nothing to lose by trying to save it from the winter cold! The trunk on my tree is starting to get big now too (almost an inch) it was the diameter of a pencil when I bought it!

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors