View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kostas

Zone: in Pyrgos,10a and once every 20years,9b,in Melissia,8b/9a
Name: Konstantinos
BananaBucks : 152,617
Said "Thanks" 2,133 Times
Was Thanked 1,034 Times in 454 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Kostas
Default Is this true and typical BSV?

Hello,

As some of you may remember,after the winter,my Ice Cream grew 2 leaf and then ceased growth. At some point later it produced two pups and when these grew 2 leafs,the first of the 2 leaf produced by the mother plant this year,began getting black ''burns'' that ended up as black stripes along the leaf veins,some of which were clearly just between 2 leaf veins. Then,suddenly,both pups produced a leaf with well defined patterning on the leaf veins consisting of darker and lighter colored ''squares'' on each individual leaf vein. One of the leafs even got some necrotic spots along the leaf veins. All these seem too suspicious and like BSV for some reason got activated. What do you think? Here are some photos taken today:

Whole mat

Bigger pup's leafs

Smaller pup's leafs

Motherplant

Does the above plant has BSV as the symptoms seem to indicate to me at least? I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you very much in advance!

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors