View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
mike
More bananas less stress

Zone: Zone 9
Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 14,601
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Joy Hello banana lovers

I was introduced to banana plants when saw a large mat in some ones yard. I’m sure I saw banana plants before but they never were taken care of. I fell in love with the very large green leaves and the tropical look of the plants. I talked this person into giving me a couple of the plants. This person did not know very much about the plants. A couple of months later I happened upon the bamboo farm while working, drawn by the beautiful large leaves. I found out that research was being done on growing bananas in our area. Seeing bananas actually growing on these plants blew my mind and I was hooked.

While visiting the plants witch almost became an every day thing, I met with a doctor who was one of the people over the research. The poor man, I must have kept him for about an hour talking and asking questions. This was the first time I realized there was nothing wrong with me. The doctor had it as bad as me if not worst. He told me that his entire yard was filled with banana plants.

A couple of months later my wife daughter and myself went to a festival at the bamboo farm. They were selling banana pups. Two of the doctors over the research were giving a lecture on the growth and varieties of bananas. I end up spending about two hundred dollars on plants that day that went towards the research. That was three years ago. It has been a learning experience sense. I thought I have visited every site on the web that talked about banana plants until I happened upon this one. I think I am home lol. I am going to enjoy sucking up the knowledge and the experiences that you all have to give.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mike
The following 14 users say welcome mike to Bananas.org!
Abnshrek (06-26-2013), alexizhere19 (06-12-2009), buzzwinder (02-08-2009), GoAngels (09-14-2010), harveyc (09-11-2010), Jezebel (09-12-2010), Kelso (05-02-2012), MediaHound (09-09-2010), PR-Giants (12-16-2012), Richard (03-08-2008), scottu (10-13-2014), Scuba_Dave (07-08-2009), sunfish (09-10-2010), Worm_Farmer (09-12-2010)

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors