View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
TrailGaiter
Angie

Zone: 5
Name: Angie
BananaBucks : 89,659
Said "Thanks" 115 Times
Was Thanked 117 Times in 64 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default My Maurelii came! I know where I'm buying bananas from now on!

Wow was I shocked! I bought some basjoos in March from someone on Ebay, which were nice little plants....nicely packaged, nice looking, and shipped fast... but they were at most 7" tall.

I really was expecting a Maurelii HALF the size I got!! Mailman dropped it off, and it's 22" tall! I was blown away! And I only paid a few bucks more for it than I did for one of my basjoos. (I expected these might be a bit more expensive anyway...since they aren't as easily propagated).

I'm thankful to have found this board, because I saw Sandy's (Northern Tropics) post for her summer sale, and was lured to her website from there. I was just amazed at the size of this thing...It's more than twice the size of the basjoos I got, and I only paid a couple bucks more for it!

Very excited to have one of these! I'm in WI...so as far as bananas go, I'm going to stick with my two basjoos and the maurelii...and see how I come out next year before going bananas any further! I'm also on a canna kick...lol

Angie

Last edited by TrailGaiter : 07-13-2011 at 03:38 PM.
TrailGaiter is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TrailGaiter
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors