Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
JW

Zone: 6
Name: JW
BananaBucks : 15,835
Said "Thanks" 94 Times
Was Thanked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 32 Times
Default Re: Advice Needed

For an update. I cut it back farther making sure I had all of the black rot out again. In total I cut two to two and half feet away. I little tiny start of a leaf popped out a half an inch a few days later. 10 days later it is still not even an inch out and still tightly rolled up.

Like I had been routinely doing, I gently checked the p-stem for rot and again found it firm. As I checked p-steam the whole plant felt loose. The stem had been broken the majority way through right below the soil line. Both the root area left and the base of the stem were largely white in color. There was some signs of death on the outer edge of the stem but no real rot. I hope the roots will put up a new plant.

Now for the odd part. The stem is completely severed and has absolutely NO roots. I set it aside in some soil out of the way left it there knowing full well it is dead and worthless. Now it seems to be actively attempting to pushing out that new leaf having gained a few inches.

I do not know if the winds from a storm cracked the p-stem or if maybe a landscaper hit it, or if I damaged when transplanting it earlier (which I seriously doubt). Is there and animal or a worm that could have done this damage. I did not see any claw or teeth marks and it was clearly below the soil in a container. Any ideas?

Regardless...I now think the p-stem is possessed by some sort of evil banana deity...
JW is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JW
Sponsors