Thread: California gold
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #36 (permalink)
BabyBlue11371

Zone: 6-7
Name: Gina
BananaBucks : 20,099
Said "Thanks" 181 Times
Was Thanked 137 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 40 Times
Default Re: California gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Sorry I missed your post, Gina. Pretty hard to confirm anything about a banana of an unknown variety which just got given the name of California Gold by Jeff, though it would help if yours would fruit. The Pseudosten is the height from the ground to the base of the higest petiole. The one Joe gave me was over 9' tall when he gave it. We dug it up, I wrapped it up good, and drove home 40 miles with it. The leaves still got beat up some but they survived and the plant flowered a couple of weeks later or so. I gave one of the pups from this plant to Gabe but he killed it! At this point, I don't plan to give or sell any pups from that plant since I've got another California Gold from Jeff (picked up in person also and he's since become a friend).

Good luck for fruit in 2011!
Well i was able to contact one of the pups I sent out last yrs owner and he said he doubts also that it is CG his froze back to the ground this last winter and has sprouted.. but i do not have 411 on what the lowest temps it saw were.. SC was where it is planted.. if that info helps at all??
BabyBlue11371 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BabyBlue11371
Said thanks: