Thread: California gold
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
BabyBlue11371

Zone: 6-7
Name: Gina
BananaBucks : 18,274
Said "Thanks" 181 Times
Was Thanked 137 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 40 Times
Default Re: California gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Gina, Joe gave me a Cal Gold a few years ago that was already nearly fully grown when he gave it. It flowered a week or two after I transplanted it. It was something like 9' 10" tall (pseudostem)! Joe got his from Mike in Antioch who, in turn, got his from Jeff Earl. For a while Jeff had some mix-ups due to some vandalism to his garden at a church property and I think this might be some other unknown as what Jeff has established as California Gold usually fruits at 5'-6' tall. Not that it really matters, other than maybe it will be harder to get yours inside!
Mine has only ever gotten 5'-6' when the pot is included.. when you say pseudostem that is not including the leaves hight right??
I'm hoping that with the larger pot it will be able to get larger and maybe flower.. I had it in ground a few yrs back but it was only one summer.. otherwise it has had to live a rather restricted root bound life...
Sure would be nice to know for sure what it is.. I have given 3 pups out as CGs.. I hope I have not lied to friends about it's ID..
How would I know for sure if it is a CG or not?? Guess I need to contact friends and let them know it might not be a CG..
Gina *BabyBlue*
BabyBlue11371 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BabyBlue11371
Said thanks: