Thread: California gold
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
BabyBlue11371

Zone: 6-7
Name: Gina
BananaBucks : 18,275
Said "Thanks" 181 Times
Was Thanked 137 Times in 58 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 40 Times
Default Re: California gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Did you get yours from Joe Real, Gina? I got one from him and it was over 9' tall before it flowered and that's taller than typical. I still have a successor to that one but am also growing another I've got directly from Jeff Earl which fruited at about 5' high last year.

Hope you are avoiding any floods like you had a few years ago!
Yes I did get it from Joe Real.. and yes trying to avoid floods!!! also trying to avoid breaking any more bones!!! and other physical harm that I have been having since the flood... I'm an accident waiting to happen the Dr chuckled the last time I was in to see him.. I probably payed for his trip to Germany for his son's wedding!!! LOL
I took the pups it had on it and potted it up.. it had a single leaf left after a grulling winter though the pups looked in great health.. I put it in the mineral lick container and it quickly put out a new pup.. and slowly put on a new leaf.. and of course the day after it opened we had a hail storm that battered it a bit... But I'm thinking it is loving the new acomadations!!! I think I saw a new leaf starting when I was out earlier today... I'll get some pics up of it.. I highly recomend ppl getting ahold of cattle farmers and asking if they use the large tub mineral licks and asking if they can have or buy the tub after the cattle have consumed the mineral lick!!

Gina *BabyBlue*
BabyBlue11371 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BabyBlue11371
Said thanks: