View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Dreaminofthetropics

Zone: 8-9
Name: Kat
BananaBucks : 104,605
Said "Thanks" 422 Times
Was Thanked 549 Times in 173 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 29 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Dreaminofthetropics
Default Re: Earth Worm Castings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow87 View Post
Thats great Kat, the 2 varieties I have are American Beauty and Natural Mystic. Dragon fruit is a very interesting plant and I like how fast it grows. I was admiring your yard pictures also. You have a very beautiful and lush yard. I wish I could plant my dragon fruit in the ground but it freezes here in winter so I have them all in containers. I have to build some trellises once they start getting bigger
The ones I got were just labeled pink, red, and white LOL so who knows what kinds they are. I actually am in the same zone that you are! I haven't grown dragonfruit before so I'm not sure how they will fare here. I was thinking I'll root them put them in the ground and before the first freeze take some cuttings to bring indoors. So, since the post is titled earth worm castings, do you worm farm? I just got some more today and now have approx 8,000 in my worm bed (mini worm farm) but I haven't been able to harvest castings yet as I've just had them a few weeks and my bed is pretty big (3ftx3ft) which is why I got more today. I did buy 3lbs of earthworm castings, but the lady told me there were probably casings in there so i put the castings in a box and then pushed them to half of box and put bedding and food in other half and now I have baby worms over there. I want to use my castings that I bought but I'm not sure how I want to! I am thinking I might make worm casting tea since I don't have that many right now and foiliar feed everything.

Check out my website
http://www.ilovemyplants.com

Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.
Bill Gates
Dreaminofthetropics is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Dreaminofthetropics
Said thanks: