View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Worm_Farmer

Zone: 9b
Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 43,144
Said "Thanks" 5,326 Times
Was Thanked 1,830 Times in 679 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2,866 Times
Send a message via AIM to Worm_Farmer
Default Re: Grafting Mature Banana Pups

Consider that What we think we know, is wrong. All of our current science is based on observation. I observer something, so that must be how it works. New data is always proving old data wrong or incorrect or just incomplete because new data has been brought forth. Yes we can use a microscope to see how cell works, and we can even make crazy genetically modified plants and animals. GMO products change all the rules that we currently know and we are observing the new data and providing different answers. The world is always changing around us. There is a Cosmic magic that makes everything work that is beyond our understanding at this point.

Personally I do not think grafting Bananas plants will do anything at all other then as stated grow two different plants. But from what I know and understand if there were grafted at the corm and there is only 1 p-Stem. I would think that each mother would shoot out its own leafs and flowers giving you a double bloom. Or even worse if they are both shooting flowers out the same p-stem the leafs might be clogged up and chock it self out. I am NO expert by any means. However I do encourage you to play with plants in uncommon ways and see what kind of results you get. New knowledge comes from going against what is consider normal to make new discovery's or provide new information. At this time I do believe this project will need to provide more proof before I attempt to graft a banana.

Maybe a little unrelated, but my Grandfather tells me 60 years ago a fruit cocktail tree was unheard of.
Worm_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Worm_Farmer
Said thanks: