View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
varig8

Zone: 10-11
Name: varig8
BananaBucks : 42,354
Said "Thanks" 74 Times
Was Thanked 383 Times in 144 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default Re: Grafting Mature Banana Pups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro Gibo View Post
I am sorry, I thought you knew that Varig was the largest Air Line of Brazil in the past.All the times I went to Brazil I traveled by Varig. I just thought you had worked for the same company. Please forgive me, I meant no disrespect.
Alright, about my experiment: All the varieties of bananas I have grafted with the M. Basjoo did never survive the cold winter, that's a fact. They will grow together in the summer but unfortunately they die due to the frost in the winter. Before the weaker species dies, when it is still vigorous I apply a kind of cell transporter to the cold weak variety. I thank you all for discussing with sincerety your points of view about this subject. I may be following just a folktale but we all know that nature works in a mysterious way. The octopus eats its own leg when it is hungry and it grows back again. As the result will justify the means, I will wait until I get more concrete proof and produce an edible banana in my garden. Till then, stay well my friends.
Please, Dear Sir, no apologies are necessary. I did not know about Varig.
My user name is Varig 8........(varig-ate---I collect variegated plants).
Sadly nature is only mysterious until we understand the 'mystery' and then it is no more. I wish you well and only enjoyment in your pursuits however "fruitful" they may or may not be.
varig8 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To varig8
Said thanks: