Originally Posted by BB73
I think I did something right (or at least nothing wrong) so far:
Officially claiming to check on any signs of rot, but honestly I was just curious if this all works. So I removed the soil around all 5 pieces of the CaliGold corm and checked. The one piece, that I identified before as the most promising, is just pushing a shoot from the fraction as if it was still the whole corm. That tiny little white thing on the tip of the eye has been grown since I replanted it after cutting it - just four days ago!
By the way: I wasn't only curious. I really did spray some fungicide :-)
And on the other pieces no growth is visible. But I think I have at least one more piece left, that looks very promising.
Since then (see above) it started to grow own roots now and has further pushed forward. I'll get you an update, as soon as the roots are visible also on a photography.