View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zacarias
Guero fronterizo

Zone: 10
Name: Guerote
BananaBucks : 75,307
Said "Thanks" 74 Times
Was Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Zacarias
Default new bananas; pups growing slowly, mothers not budging

Hello,

Two weeks ago I got two bananas (PS 24" and 34") and planted them in what I believe is a good spot in the yard. I am in Tijuana about a mile from the beach. The pups have pushed out a new leaf VERY slowy but the mother nanners have not budged. We had two days of GREAT weather, the rest has been getting into the mid 50s at night, occasionally low 40s. Is the weather holding things up? I'm just scared of rot as I have lost them to rot before, but never in this climate. I would think in the ground here rot is less likely, especially now that it's April. Should I just wait?

Zman

P.S. The cultivar is unknown, it is possibly a lady finger banana according to the nursery gal.
Zacarias is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Zacarias

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors