View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
venturabananas

Zone: 10
Name: Mark
BananaBucks : 238,863
Said "Thanks" 1,752 Times
Was Thanked 3,968 Times in 1,713 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 39 Times
Default Re: Florida Hill Nursery?

After starting this thread and getting some positive feedback, I figured I'd give Florida Hill Nursery a try. I ordered three bananas: FHIA-18, Gluai Kai, and Cardaba. They were $6.99 each and shipping was $6.99 total. They shipped 4 days after I ordered and arrived a week after I ordered. The plants arrived in great shape. (I'll post pictures later.) As advertised and expected, they were small, about 4-6" stem and 11-16" including leaves. They were not in pots, but were well rooted in potting soil.

I'd give this nursery the thumbs up. Compared to Wellspring Gardens (which I have no problem with) the plants were bigger, the selection is better, yet the price is the same. If you have the patience to grow out small TC plants, you'd probably like Florida Hill Nursery. If you are less patient and willing to spend a bit more, the TC plants available from Going Bananas and Logee's are quite a bit bigger and correspondingly more expensive.

Being impatient myself, when I can, I go get big plants from helpful folks on this site like Tony (sunfish), Jon (pitangadiego), Mitchel (momoese), or Andy (BadPun), but not everyone has that option.

banana plants upon receipt:
[IMG][/IMG]

one week later:
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by venturabananas : 04-01-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added photos
venturabananas is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To venturabananas
Said thanks: