View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #80 (permalink)
wordwiz

BananaBucks : 23,679
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 60 Times in 34 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: MH Vs. HPS Vs. LED Vs. Fluorescent

An update.

Not sure what to post as far as how the plant is doing under the lights and in a DWC system.

About two months ago, the new shoots quit developing. I thought it might be because the temps dropped from the 80s to the low 70s, even the 60s during the night. The leaves turned yellow on the edges, then brown and then they died. But the roots, in the DWC system, kept growing and stayed white, even after trimming.

The plant now has a pup growing, but get this - it is under the lid of the container. Close to 5" long with two large leaves. Plus, a new shoot has suddenly developed above the lid. But so has something else - a piece of stem (root, shoot - I don't have a clue) that is about 1/4" thick but does not have a top or bottom - it is more like an upside-down "U."

I would like to remove the pup but do not know 1) if it is large enough and 2) how to do it. I can post pics, both of the pup and whatever the heck that one growth is, tomorrow if that will help.

On another note - I'll be growing dwarf apple, orange, tangerine, peach and cherry trees, blackberries and strawberries this year, in addition to the banana plant. My goal it to have a fruit salad, totally grown by me. But I cannot find a marshmallow plant, at least the kind that has fruits that can be roasted over a campfire. If anyone has a source for the plants, please let me know!

Mike
wordwiz is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To wordwiz
Said thanks:
Sponsors