View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Randy4ut

BananaBucks : 78,256
Said "Thanks" 1,051 Times
Was Thanked 1,324 Times in 444 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 87 Times
Default Re: How did bigdog get his velutina to flower that small

Hey Guys,
First time I have seen this thread... Very interesting comments... I tend to lean toward BigDog's theory of 2 different varieties... Mine are pushing 10' right now, and as of today, still no flowers... Mine should be flowering within the next week or two, if they hold to what they have done the past years... I plan on taking pics of all my nanners, palms, ee's, etc. tomorrow a.m., so I will try and post a couple of pics sometime within the next day or two... The M. velutina I have growing, I received from a very knowledgeable grower that had his for many years. He lives about 20 miles away... His have never reached the size that mine have. Mine are grown in full sun and watered religiously every 2-3 days in spring and then about once every 3-4 days throughout the rest of summer... Yes, my water bill is ridiculous!!! Anyway, I just thought I would pipe in and give my two cents worth... I will try and post some pics of them and others soon.... I will be watching others responses to this thread...
Randy4ut

Randy4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Randy4ut