View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
alpha010
Metal Nanners!!

Zone: 6 on arborday 5b on USDA
Name: Bob aka Shaggy
BananaBucks : 136,107
Said "Thanks" 121 Times
Was Thanked 238 Times in 148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to alpha010
Default Re: Growing a Super Dwarf Cavendish Indoors

A little tip for you Kevin and Sherry, keep a spray bottle of copper fungicide on hand and systemic pest control. I have had problems with my SDC's with white flies and spider mites. Also, I lost my first SDC to white mold last fall when I brought it into the house for the cold weather. The mold showed up as white patches between loose petioles and the main p-stem, so careful on the watering and give it a good visual check every week or so.
Your guys' (and gal ;oD ) plants look very good! Hope they do well for you! I have had mine for going on 3 years now and just absolutely love them. Since I purchased my first one, I have had numerous pups, and the 8 or so plants I have now are all from that very first one. I have also given away 4 or 5 and lost a few to "experimentation". It is not uncommon for me to cut 2 or 3 pups off in the early spring just to have another 3 show up by august. These are prolific little buggers but fun to have.
I also noticed that they seem pretty happy in the pots I use, not sure of the gallonage (literage if you're canadian, eh! -- yes I'm poking you Sherry) but the pots are 18" across the top and 20" tall, and I try to not have more than 2 pups at a time in each pot and remove the pups each spring.
Congrats on the new found desires and Good Luck! Can't wait to see them grow!

Get a little Love in your life. Jump in a Mosh Pit! The only place where every emotion one person can feel will join together and express all at once.
alpha010 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To alpha010
Said thanks: