View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Clinton3666

BananaBucks : 64,123
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Unhappy rarepalmseeds.com do not often sell fresh seeds of musa species.

Hi everyone,
If you plan to buy seeds of musa species from rarepalmseeds.com,

You need to think about disppointment when your seeds might not germinate.

To test the freshness of musa seeds, you need a bowl full of cold water & seeds of musa species.
Throw / drop the seeds into bowl and watch the seeds.

Fresh seeds sink to bottom while stale seeds floats.

I brought the 100 seeds of musa beccarii var hottana on September this year.
I sowed the seeds on 26th and 27th September this year, but now over 60 past days, the seeds did not germinated.

Seems the seeds of callimusa species tends to become stale & dies earlier than hardy rhodochlamys species seeds.

Owner of rarepalmseeds.com did not know about seeds of musa species become stale after 1 month of fresh.

I learnt the many fresh seeds of musa ornata took 22-30 days to germinate while few stale seeds of musa ornata took 3 months to germinate.

Musa seeds sat at rarepalmseeds.com's shop for months. the food stores inside seeds get used up and baby plants dies.

If you buy today, your seeds will not germinate.

I tried seeds of musa textilis, musa campestris and musa laterite this year, but all seeds are stale & dead.

Kind Regards

Clinton.

Last edited by Clinton3666 : 11-29-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Clinton3666 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Clinton3666
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors