View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Darkman
Dirt Master

Zone: 8b/9a
Name: Darkman
BananaBucks : 204,351
Said "Thanks" 9,263 Times
Was Thanked 1,582 Times in 702 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 243 Times
Default Re: Is this a good price / good vendor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilla Gorilla View Post
First, good luck with your project. It sounds very exciting! Since you live in the Sunshine state I would think you could find some one that specializes in fruit trees (most of what you want fall into that category). I would go to a wholesale nursery and see if they will do business with you. Many times they will as you will be spending a fair amount of money. Maybe your backhoe person has some connections. I go to a wholesale nursery here in Santa Barbara. You do have Going Bananas in Florida. I have never purchased from them but I have heard good things. You also have Agri Starts in Florida and they do have many of what you are looking for though they are TC plants. I have purchased from them before. Lastly, you have some great members from this forum in your area that could be a resource.

Good luck!
There are plenty of sources here in Florida and a few great ones. I have contacted a few and I'm sure I will do business with some of them however the ones I've checked so far are not really into Bananas. I have not looked at Going Bananas but I will. I have seen other people speak good of them. I'm hoping not to have to buy the TC's. I have met several forum members around here that are really fantastic. I have got a good start from them. Hydroid and SBL have really been gracious to me and have started me off with some really nice plants.

AS ALWAYS IMHO AND YOUR MILEAGE MAY DIFFER!!!!!!!!

Life - Some assembly required, As is no warranty, Batteries not included, Instructions shipped separately and are frequently wrong!

Kentucky Bourbon - It may not solve the problem but it helps to make it tolerable!

Statistics - Data that analyst twist to support the insane opinions of those that pay them.
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Darkman
Said thanks: