View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,169,186
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,325 Times in 5,310 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Hiya Growing Flowers Indoors...

I've been growing containerized flowers indoors for years and thought this would make a good place to show some of the best kinds to grow inside, even in the middle of Winter.

All you need is some well-draining sterile soil, blooming fertilizer, 6-8" containers, and a half or full sun window sill, and you're good to go.

If you have a fluorescent light system, even better. I grow all my indoor flowers from seed, so it's helpful to have reliable light, in dark Novemeber & December to get your flowering plants off to a good start.

Here today, is my blooming 4 year old white Christmas Cactus plant...

Geraniums make an excellent choice of flowers to grow indoors over the winter, and they bloom like crazy in pots, in a sunny sill.

Here's a seedling today that I sprouted a couple months back as my indoor winter blooming plant. It will be a surprise color...

Here's my last year's indoor geraniums to show how great they perform inside...

Here's one blooming in the middle of a blizzard last winter...

These blue cornflowers grow excellent in a sunny winter sill. Here were mine last year...

I also like to grow marigolds and dwarf sunflowers indoors in Winter too.

Does anyone else do this, or want to do this, to add some color to their drab winter worlds?

: )

Last edited by The Hollyberry Lady : 11-01-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: damn spelling!!!
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors