View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lilith

Zone: 9
Name: Gina Anne
BananaBucks : 80,865
Said "Thanks" 20 Times
Was Thanked 136 Times in 52 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Wanted: Praying Hands, 1000 Fingers

I am looking for pups of these bananas.
I don't have any neato bananas to trade (all mine are very ordinaly) but I do have the following very cool tropical plants available.

These have been greenhouse grown and are pretty much all zone 9A-11 plants. If you are interested in any of them, please email me even if you don't have the bananas I want, I would consider trades for other things as well.

First up, I am discontinuing Etlingera elatior Red Torch from my greenhouse. This is simply a stunning plant. I have had extensive experience with Etlingera elatior for several years now, having grown and bloomed 4 different forms. This is a huge growing, minimum zone 10 plant, I don't know anyone in 9B who has it outside (correct me if I am wrong). The individual stalks reach heights OVER 20 feet tall. The blooms are larger than a softball and are borne on stalks over 5 feet tall. WHat I am saying here is, NO, you can't keep this in a pot, as it needs space to eventually spread, and it cannot freeze.

I am discontinuing it for the former reason. I want the area it is planted in for something else that doesn't have a spreading habit. What you would receive is rhizomes that you would plant are regrow into a new stand of ginger.

Here is a photo of mine currently in bloom:
11/2008 Outer Banks Marathon 26.2, Kitty Hawk NC--3:50
2/2009 5 Points of Life Marathon, 26.2, Gainesville FL--4:00
4/2009 Boston Marathon, 26.2-- 4:38
10/2009 Marine Corps Marathon, DC, 26.2--457
1/2010 Houston Marathon, 26.2--3:55:09
2/2010 5 Points of Life Marathon, Gainesville--415
Halloween Day 2010 Marine Corps Marathon, DC--
2/2011--Austin TX Marathon--
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Lilith

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors