View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,293,793
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Hiya Re: Growing potted vegetables

Woops, I missed your other post Rik...

Potatoes and carrots can grow better in a container than they do in the ground!!!

Do you know why?

Because there's no rocks in containers, stunting and deforming the growth. My aunt grows carrots in huge buckets each year and they are so perfect looking when she harvests them.

Glad you find the information useful, Rik. I really know a lot about growing veggies in pots and want to inspire others to do so too.

Here's some more of my copied posts I thought should be here also...

Quote:
More Tips on Growing Tomatoes Indoors...

When tomato plants are grown in containers, even in the Wintertime, in a warm south window, require a whole lot of water. In fact, my plant currently requires water daily, as it's in sun all day long and producing fruits rapidly.

Be sure to water your tomato plants regularily and not let the pot dry out, or it could be at the expense of your new blossoms which will drop off, or your tomatoes will be sunken-in looking and therefore destroyed.

As you can see by this pic I took today, the fruits are getting very plump, very fast...

They cannot ripen soon enough for me...

: )

Quote:
Quote:

Another tip on growing tomatoes inside:

Be sure to turn your plant a bit every couple of days, to ensure it gets an even amount of light on all the fruits...

More shots when things begin to turn red...

The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: