View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,297,015
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Wink Re: Growing potted vegetables

So glad you are inspired, Tbaleno!

Be sure to post shots and discuss growing methods later with us. There's never only one way of doing things and I think gardeners should find their own way. I just like to share what has worked for me from my own personal experience...not from a textbook.

You can grow just about anything in a container that you can think of but in order for veggies to thrive and produce large yields, they do need some TLC and special attention.

I cannot stress FERTILIZING enough, when it comes to vegetables most especially. You just won't believe your crops and yields if you are consistent in your feedings.

Light is also a major concern because veggies need lots of it. I was going to start a thread just before Ante's called "Indoor Veggie Growing" because it's one of my most favorite things to do. Wintertime can be a time to produce lots of indoor produce.

Spinach & Chards grow beautifully and Romaine Lettuce is like a dream in your window in January. I've done it many times and it's super fun as well as rewarding.

Good Luck, Veggie Growers!

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: