View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cpatrikis
Patrikis

Zone: 6-7
Name: Chris
BananaBucks : 16,121
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Indoor Banana Wintering

hey guys, i have a 10-13 foot nana plant (i believe musa basjoo) in a pot on my patio that shot up this summer and is lookin real great. unfortunately the ceilings in my house are too low for it now so i have to put it in the garage. basically no natural light enters the garage, but the temp stays around 45-55 even in the middle of the winter. i figured i would simply set up a couple plant lights on a timer over head to keep them goin all year, and help keep em warm.

also, i still have the plant outside to soak up as much sun as possible before winter, but its starting to get colder at night (i live on Long island NY, i believe zone 7). when should i bring it in for winter, (what temperature could it comfortably withstand without hibernating itself).

thanks guys! ill try and post some pictures asap!

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors