View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
JuniPerez
Puerto Rican Gone Bananas

Zone: 6b
Name: Juni Perez
BananaBucks : 77,472
Said "Thanks" 153 Times
Was Thanked 202 Times in 117 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 13 Times
Send a message via ICQ to JuniPerez Send a message via AIM to JuniPerez Send a message via Yahoo to JuniPerez Send a message via Skype™ to JuniPerez
Default Banana plant lifespan

Hello!

I know that after a banana plant fruits, the main stem dies out (I was told this happens after 30ish leaves, yes?). The basjoos, darjeelings, and so on have to be cut back each fall, so does the leaf count reset to zero in spring? Or does it continue from where it left off, eventually shooting up a flag leaf?
I ask because I'm curious to know how long the main plant (not the grove) will live for if it'll never flower or fruit. I've given some away and I don't want the new owners to keep giving away all the pups expecting the mother plant to live forever.
JuniPerez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JuniPerez
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors