View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
BB73

Zone: 9a
Name: Bernd
BananaBucks : 54,780
Said "Thanks" 228 Times
Was Thanked 419 Times in 159 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 56 Times
Default Coconut, seeds ofdifferent varieties/hybrids?

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody of you guys is growing special varieties of Cocos nucifera, such as 'Fiji Dwarf' or 'Red Spicata Dwarf' or any other interessting vaiety which start to flower very young and don't get to tall.
I want to try out to germinate them. Seedling may be a little problem, due to regulations, but seeds are save to ship to Europe and there's no certificate required as long as it is private and only a small amount of seeds.
But any way, I would also take seedlings, because customs in Greece are not very much checking the content. I haven't had any problems with banans in the past.

Also any information on the different varieties is appreciated.

Thanks

Bernd
BB73 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BB73
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors