View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lagniappe

BananaBucks : 245,999
Said "Thanks" 1,378 Times
Was Thanked 1,402 Times in 558 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 535 Times
Default You might be a banana fiend ......

Hey Y'all ,
I thought this would be a fun thing to keep going ! Please add to it !

You may be a banana hobbyist if ......

1. you buy so much fertilizer that homeland security has an eye on you .

2. You look at your plants 2-3 times a day to see how much they've grown since the last time you checked .

3. you've ever worked this problem : Dinner out 15.87
Ramen noodles - .12
total left for plant purchase 15.75

4 . Your kids were upset more than once because the "pup" you told your spouse you were bringing home was musa and not canine .

5. While plant shopping , your spouse becomes frustrated and exclaims "All you care about are bananas ." to which you reply " Not true ! I have several ensetes and 15 or so aroids !" .

6.The friends/relatives who were at your place for christmas drive around the block trying to find your house in june saying "That could'nt possibly be the same place".

7.Your "other than banana" plants (lawn ,azalea ....)grow less than 6 " per day and you wonder what the problem is .

8. Your friends tell you that you should get some parrots or monkeys .

9. You read the (entire)wiki more than once .

10. You've ever wanted to move further south just to be able to garden the way you would like .

11. You read about global warming , freak out a little , then calm down when you think "I wonder what my zone will be ten years from now ?" .

12. Your lawn is disappearing quickly with the onset of new planting beds .

13 .Your neihbors often say "they're shoveling another pile of something over there!" or "what's that smell???".

14.You spend 300 bucks to drive a few states over and visit for a few hours with a fellow grower and trade naners that would have only cost $8-$20 to ship.

You guys keep this goin' ! It should be a lot of fun !
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Lagniappe
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors