View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
chong

Zone: 8-9
Name: Chong
BananaBucks : 97,042
Said "Thanks" 1,309 Times
Was Thanked 1,701 Times in 758 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 991 Times
Default Re: Dwarf Orinoco Blooming

Very nice, Deb! Geez, the weather must be really great in your area. I know that you're in KY, but I was being considered for a similar job in Oakridge, TN, just south of KY, and I opted for the one in Richland, WA where I could drive home on weekends. Now, I wonder how my plants would have fared over there (in TN).

I have had a DO that I've had for 10 years and last year grew over 4 feet, then died last Winter. Wish I could have brought all my bananas inside, also. I lost many plants this past Winter. Even though it was relatively mild. These include the ones that survived over the past 8-10 years. I brought a few of the survivors to my temporary home in Richland, WA where I work during the week. They are scraggly looking still, except the Gros Michel that was kept right next to our living room sliding door in the greenhouse, but they are responding well to the 85°F-102°F weather there. I had hoped to replant them a couple of weeks ago, but dang it!, work keeps getting in the way, not to mention the yard maintenance at the house there.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chong
Said thanks: