View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kostas

Zone: 10a
Name: Konstantinos
BananaBucks : 217,079
Said "Thanks" 2,137 Times
Was Thanked 1,063 Times in 464 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Kostas
Default Re: ''Orinoco'' and ''Dwarf Orinoco'' mature height

Thank you very much all of you for your replys and info!

I know,i need to take some pictures and post here but i hope to get a pup on the first chance i pass by so pictures and pup will probably come together!
Its good to hear about the height it can reach,thank you very much Michael! Indeed,the photos posted lately help a lot and i am going to check the flowers next time too!

Thanks for the info Tony! I read that on the wiki but i dont know if these are absolute maximums and under what conditions these heights are achievable.
I will look better next time and try to judge heights better,the sizes i gave are very rough and conservative estimates from what i remember.
16-20ft would be awesome but 12ft are surely something too!

Thank you very much for the info Dave!
How do you distinguish Orinoco from Dwarf Orinoco at that marginal flowering height? Does something else change too apart from mature pseudostem height?
There are possibly loads of mutations of the Orinoco then...
The banana mat i am talking about is the tallest one i have seen in Greece. The full sun plants of it are shorter than others i have seen but the shade ones are the tallest i have seen!

I will take a good look at them again,make a better height estimate and if it satisfys me as a mature height,i will get a pup from the huge pseudostems growing in shade...

Does anybody have an Orinoco at 16 to 20ft tall? I think i have never seen a picture of one that tall!

Thank you very much in advance!
Sponsors