View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jack Daw
I think with my banana ;)

Zone: Dfa (Köppen-geiger) <-> 7b/8a? (USDA)
Name: Jack
BananaBucks : 209,199
Said "Thanks" 2,771 Times
Was Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,355 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 383 Times
Default Re: Grey Saba (Pisang Kepok Kapas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
Hi Jack!

I dont have much problem regarding a resonable amount of quantity as i know i can find homes for the extra Of course just 1 to 10 would be a good and more managable number if he could send.
If the plantlet(s) is send in a closed,sterile container with nutrient to support it(a growth or rooting medium) for the trip,i think it would be just fine,just a little chlorotic when it arrives! But Novi is much more experienced with that than i and would surely know a way if he wants to sell some!

The differences Rmplmnz mentions are exactly why i like it!
I was thinking more like... 100 pieces to get 20 alive to Europe. Or so I was told by the European banana shops and US TC company.

And there's the second problem. Rooting/TC liquids (or other special liquids) are subject to much more drastic border control than the plants themselves. Remember, that it probably wouldn't fly directly to Greece from M'ysia, but would most likely come through a midway station, such as the ones in GB, Italy and France with regular postal delivery flights.

As we've seen many times already, the safest way to get the corm from Malaysia is to actually bring/smuggle it from a vacation there.

But there's also this saying I've read somewhere:
Quote:
''To try,is to risk failure......To not try,is to guarantee it''

Zeitgeist - Corporatocracy 101 (~2hrs)

Zeitgeist - Moving Forward (~2.5hrs)
Jack Daw is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jack Daw
Said thanks: