View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
CoryS
Novice Gardener

Zone: 7
BananaBucks : 73,541
Said "Thanks" 1,362 Times
Was Thanked 709 Times in 302 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 46 Times
Default Re: Oil Spill an Oil Volcano that can't be contained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aday View Post
Usually any email that has comments like "scientists forbidden to tell you" and
"What you are about to read, is what the scientists in the United States are not allowed to tell you in great fear of the administration.
They are under the threat of severe repercussions to the max."

Are a HUGE sign that might as well say URBAN LEGEND (or, LIE).

Can you imagine being some scientist and having someone tell you "there will be severe repercussions TO THE MAX"???? What a silly comment!

the second sign that this is junk and a lie is the "please forward to as many people as you can".

The oil leak in the Gulf is a real environmental horror and an enormous tragedy, to be sure, but junk like this doesn't need to be passed around.

(Can you tell that I hate all these types of emails that get passed around forever??)
That's why I said "hype/hysteria". I've heard about the "pass around" emails and I'm real happy I don't get them in my email! I'll "spam" them if I ever do. I'm scared... I won't lie... but I think the only things we will really know are things that are happening that people can easily see themselves. I'm also a little suspicious of one link I read that used "extinguish all life on earth".
I also read a link that said that Corexit has been used for 30 years on oil spills. It sounds really nasty but I still haven't read about any major disasters from using it. But maybe I just haven't read enough yet. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnshrek
Good Question.. He might be, but that's that guys' problem.. has nothing to do with the story. :^)
True. I don't like many of my teachers but if I don't listen, I won't get any good grades. Maybe there's some truth to what he's saying or maybe not. But since most people are hyping about almost everything, I like to listen to everyone... then try to figure out what makes sense.
For now, I think I'll just do brains-off and listen to some hot tunes, lol.