View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jananas Bananas

Zone: 8b/9a
Name: JaNan
BananaBucks : 390,818
Said "Thanks" 3,341 Times
Was Thanked 7,059 Times in 2,683 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 133 Times
Default Ae Ae Triplets or More?

OK my Banana Braniac friends, I got one for you! I received a new Ae pup on Monday. It appears that it has several plantlets coming out of the same pseudostem. I thought it looked pretty awful when I took it out of the box. I didn't do anything with it. Day two I put it in a larger pot and still thought it was not looking too promising. Today I went to take pictures of my date palm seedlings and noticed it has several what appear to be plantlets coming out of one p-stem. I tried to take really close shots for you to see. I felt the pstem which feels nice and firm but it is not round. It feels lobed if that makes any sense. I feel at least three and maybe four sections of valleys under the layers of outer p-stem.

Here are pictures of all three days.
Day One

Day Two

Day Three today 6/17/10 With one new leaf showing:

With possible three other new leaves showing?

Trying to show one of the indented valleys:

I would like comments on this if anyone has any ideas, if this is not really unusual or what?

~JaNan

Last edited by Jananas Bananas : 06-18-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Jananas Bananas is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jananas Bananas
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors