View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan
LET'S GO CAPS ! ! !

Zone: 7B/8A
Name: KJ
BananaBucks : 24,658
Said "Thanks" 48 Times
Was Thanked 72 Times in 35 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 34 Times
Send a message via AIM to D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan Send a message via Yahoo to D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan
Default Re: Fist Year Musa Basjoo Success!!

Nice job on overwintering those! My experience is that they sort of tend to go faster the larger they get, but that has more to do with heat than anything. The hotter it gets, the faster mine have grown. I would say you very well may get twice the height of of them this year that you did last. And, they will probably multiply again. Mine have always put up multiple pups, and mine are in pots. My largest one is currently about 9 feet tall.

I have some friends who have a FOREST of them in their back yard out in reston, VA which is farther west, colder DC suburbs. They started with two single plants 2 years ago. This is their third summer in the ground and there are now about 40-50 plants, and they usually get about to the top of the second story window, or about 16-18 feet high. They have so many they asked me to come take some to thin them out, and of course I did.

I can't wait to see how big yours get. Ill bet you get a good 10' maybe 12 feet out of them this year. Those things are very hardy, and VERY vigorous growers for sure.

D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To D.C._Palms_N_Sports_Fan
Said thanks:
Sponsors