View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #54 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,297,489
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Default Re: What'cha got sprouting? (other plants)

Everything's looking good, you guys. Thanks for sharing.

Those Goji berry seedlings you saw me post earlier Amber, no longer exist! The truth is I was really just testing them for viability for a friend but I had no intention on keeping them.

I saw your pic of your seedlings though and that's exactly how they should look, so don't worry. They don't grow super fast right away. Do you fertilize your seedlings? If you do, they'll develop more quickly for you.

If you want a dense, bushy shrub instead of a tall spindly one, be sure to prune the tops off any new shoots as they develop and grow 4-6 inches long, and the shrub will totally branch out for you.

They like to be pruned often when they really get growing and in the long run you'll have way more berries as a result. Don't prune while they are too young. Be sure there's enough growth first.

You do know that when Goji is grown from seed though, they won't produce fruit until the third or fourth year? The best yield however, comes after the 4th and 5th year.

: )
The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady
Said thanks: