View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
bigdog

Zone: 8b
Name: Frank
BananaBucks : 730,801
Said "Thanks" 212 Times
Was Thanked 1,787 Times in 502 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 131 Times
Send a message via AIM to bigdog Send a message via MSN to bigdog
Default Musa velutina didn't return, but look at this corm

I dug this up last week, because my Musa velutina did not return and I wanted to check the status of the corm. Here's what the top looks like:

Looks kind of dead from that picture, but there weren't any rotten corms. I turned it over and found very healthy, living rhizomes, but zero lateral buds forming.

I wonder if I should just stick it in the ground way in the backyard somewhere and see if it grows. Regardless, I am trying again with another 3 or 4 plants. Other people all around me in TN have had success with M. velutina...except me. Not once have I brought one through the winter alive (well...this one is alive, but it isn't growing.).

Anyone have any ideas what the deal is with this corm, and why it isn't growing?? Thanks,

Frank
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To bigdog
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors